Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Underdog

VS

And so, you are probably wondering what these 2 (Tiger Woods and Underdog) have in common. Well, in the world according to Alex, it goes something like this:
We were driving in the car yesterday and on the radio they were talking about how Tiger Woods had gotten beat by the underdog. Y.E. Yang. Alex has become a big fan of golf now that he has his own set of clubs so his ears perked up when he heard the name Tiger Woods. After listening for awhile, he says to me, "I cannot believe what a horrible golfer Tiger Woods is. How could he possibly get beaten by Underdog. I mean, he's a cartoon dog- what is wrong with that guy?" It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about but once I did, I had the best laugh of the day, possibly the week! Just imagining how this must have looked in Alex's head was too funny. After I stopped laughing, I did try to explain what an "underdog" actually is. I think he was disappointed. You have to admit- the image of Tiger getting whooped by a dog in a cape is better than the reality.



No comments: