Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Monday, January 31, 2011

No Toboggans

*this will be a much "lighter" posting than the last one- life is not always so serious :)

Last week, Anna had a sledding party with her class. It was after school and parents were supposed to meet the kids with sleds at the big hill behind the school. The morning of the party Anna was asking how in the world she was going to get her sled. I reminded her that I would be meeting her after school and I would bring it. To which she replied, "Oh good, because right on the bus there is a sign that says, 'No Toboggans of any kind allowed on the bus'". Huh?

I didn't realize bringing sleds on the bus had become such a widespread problem that they actually needed to post signs for it. Who knew?

Alex, overhearing all of this, piped up and said, "Anna, that's not what it says- it says, 'No Tobacco of any kind allowed on the bus'. DUH!" (read this as sarcastic, snotty older brother making little sister look like a fool). Ok, this  makes more sense. Then smarty pants Alex asks, "What in the heck is tobacco anyway?". So, thanks first grade teachers for the sledding party invite which led to a discussion of what tobacco is. Yep, everyday is an adventure :)

No comments: