Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

When Design meets Disaster

Alright, I've been stewing about this for awhile now. Well, actually, I stewed about it for a few days, took some pictures and then kind of forgot about it. But, today I was reminded of this particular disaster.

Picture this....you take your kids to a certain fast food restaurant for a school fund raising night. You are doing the "nice" thing. Then you get home and this sweet little face asks you to open her  "prize"

And you think...ok,  looks like a puzzle, she should be able to do this herself.

And, two minutes later, she hands you the directions from hell and asks for help....

(Yes, they are 2-sided)

And 15 minutes later, you are still busy punching out the individual pieces to create wheels and propellors for this cursed paper vehicle....


(Meanwhile, the children have given up on this ever being done and have proceeded to find something more interesting to do....)


And...almost a FULL HOUR later, with a minor in engineering, it appears that you have done it.....

 And, then you realize you still have 2 more to build :(



Oh well, at least someone seems happy about the whole thing....


To whomever designed this "toy"- clearly you have no idea what a 6 year old is capable of...or a 34 year old for that matter :(  Did you even attempt to put this together even once???? If so, how many times did you accidentally rip Yogi's arms and legs and have to break out the tape???? Thank you for giving my husband a good laugh at my design and building skills, my kids a frustrating toy (that the 2 year old ripped up and wrecked within 15 minutes of the project completion) and me a pounding headache. Next time, I will be throwing away the "prizes" before anyone finds them.....

No comments: