Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Can we just have a standing appointment at the pediatrician????




Ok...so I'm tired, sick and tired of everyone around me being sick. I will never ever again take for granted a day of everyone feeling well at the same time. I feel like that will never happen at this point, but I look forward to the day that it might. Alex was sick again this weekend, high temp and sore throat.....(not strep thank God), but we did need to visit urgent care on Sunday just to be sure. He also has laryngitis which has actually been kind of nice- a lot less fighting amongst the eldest two the last couple of days. He was still running a temp today when we brought him in for a follow up visit with our regular rheumatologist. She said it's just the common cold, which is good, but of course, nontreatable. Sarah has a double ear infection- her and I spent some quality time in the urgent care last night. She has not slept well in 2 nights which means we have also not slept.....Anna has a runny nose today so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before this lovely bug invades her illness prone body as well. We had to cancel her birthday party, poor thing. I didn't even bother rescheduling it because at this point it will probably be summer by the time everyone is well again. Aunt Jackie did make her an awesome cake though (see pictures) so that really made her day. We ordered pizza and a couple family members stopped by to drop off Anna's presents so she was happy. We're going to do birthday cupcakes on Easter as well (if we're well by then that is). I know this post is a bit pessimistic and whiney but we are just completely drained and exhausted and so so tired of taking sick kids to the doctor's office. The blessing here is that if Chris and I had both had jobs (Chris does have a job, don't get me wrong) during these last 2 months, one of us would have been fired by now. The amount of ill child days would have heavily outweighed the amount of days we could have gone to work.
Love from the infirmary :)

1 comment:

DeeAnn said...

Is there anything I can do??? Are you making the trips to Central Peds now?