Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Holiday Savings

So, with the holidays coming, money is always something we can use more of around here. I'm guessing those reading this feel the same way. If not, feel free to send some of your money that is lying around our way, we will put it to good use :) This weekend I was away at a scrapbooking retreat and had 3 glorious days without kids :) Chris, however, spent the weekend without power and with 3 small children whose negligent mother had not purchased snow boots yet :(  Good thing my mom lives across the street and had a couple extra pairs the bigger kids could borrow. Needless to say I was feeling guilty about procrastinating on the whole snow boots thing. Then, I read my friend Molly's blog (http://www.snyder5.com/) and she was blogging about snow boots and how she had saved 30% on them plus free shipping and was also getting 6% cash back. That caught my attention. The busier we get, the more we tend to shop online. And, as anyone who shops online can tell you, the holidays are absolutely full of great deals all with free shipping. Why would anyone in their right mind go outside in this weather when you can shop from the comfort of your home? Well, anyways, about the great savings I wanted to share.....so, from Molly I learned about this great website called Ebates.com that offers different coupons and also gives you money back on online purchases you make. It is basically like free money sent to you in a big fat check about every quarter. Nice, huh? Want to get in on the deal? Click here http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=LlwxnaXBTpzCvCwrMI6iKg%3D%3D . Signup takes about 2 minutes and you are on your way to savings. Best part is you can still use all of your crazy promotion codes and coupons on top of your cash back so it is a win win situation. It doesn't cost anything and you get to choose if you want emails from the website or not. I was browsing through and saw that ebates is offering 11.5% cash back on any order from snapfish.com. Couple that with my 25% off code that I have and free shipping and my snapfish "bucks" I have from previous orders and my Christmas cards are going to be a steal this year! Gotta love a bargain! Enjoy :)

No comments: