Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Month One



Hard to believe it has already been a month since Sarah was born! Pregnancy is starting to feel like a long ago memory and we already can't remember what life was like without this new little person. Sarah is quite good at making her presence known actually. We think she has somehow figured out she will always be the baby of the family and is taking full advantage of this. She is, as Chris likes to call her, our high maintenance, patience tester baby. Probably a good thing we had her last as the other two have already broken us in and made us more patient. She is definitely not an easy going baby like Anna was, nor is she easy to calm down when she gets herself worked up. She loves to be outside, however, and that is generally what will calm her down the quickest. Chris seems to think this means she'll be a tomboy- I knew he secretly wanted another fishing partner :)

Alex continues to do really well with the baby and is more help than I ever thought he could be. He has now learned how to get himself breakfast, feed the dog, pour the milk for him and Anna and hold Sarah so I can take a shower- what a busy little man! Anna has had her share of meltdowns in the last couple of weeks. It seems she doesn't like being the middle child- I'm often reminded of the Brady Bunch episode where Jan is distraught by being "just the middle child" and whines the famous line "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha". Anyways, maybe you all aren't as familiar with the Bradys as I am. Last night, for instance, Anna had a fit because Sarah was getting to take a bath and she wasn't. So far she hasn't tried to do anything to Sarah, but she did have a bit of an uncharacteristic violent episode with my poor little niece that earned her a bit of time in the naughty corner. Good thing Maddy is quite forgiving. We are looking forward to preschool starting, that's for sure!

Anyways, just a couple new pictures to share- I thought I better include one of Sarah crying as this seems to be her favorite face lately! Enjoy :)

No comments: