Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Boy Talk

Well, school is back in full swing and with that always comes some laughs and a few more gray hairs. The first occurred yesterday when on his arrival home we asked Alex how his first day back went. To which he replied, "It was pretty good. Aaron (who is his best friend) and I learned how to whistle so we were whistling at Alice and calling her HOT". (My jaw dropped to the floor I'm quite sure)....didn't even really have a response to that except Chris asked him why he thought she was hot to which he replied, "you know, blonde hair, blue eyes"....oh my.. we are in SOOOO much trouble. The only thing I could say was, "I don't think girls really like when you whistle at them and you are much too young to be thinking someone is HOT"...

Anyways, today when Chris was dropping Anna off at preschool, Alex completely embarrassed him. Because Alex's school starts later than Anna's, Chris has to bring Alex with to drop Anna off. Anyways, there is always a crowd in the hallway at preschool because the doors don't open until exactly 9:00. Well, Chris was standing in the hallway with the other 20 parents (who are about 95% female I will add) and one of the mothers that he knew from last year came up and said "Hi" to him. After she left, Alex asked (very loudly from what Chris tells me) "Hey, Dad, was that your girlfriend?" Apparently several of the mothers turned to look at Chris, who I'm certain had a mortified look on his face. Chris said, "No, Alex, I don't have a girlfriend, I love your mom." Alex: "Then why did you say hi to that other lady?" Hmmm....Yeah...why DID you say hi to that "other lady"? :) Gotta love the logic. I'm just glad I'm not the only one he embarrasses with his poorly timed questions and comments. I was reminded of the time when we were at Rainbow and we walked past the wine coolers. Very loudly Alex said, "Mom, there is the alcohol you like, you should buy more because you drank all of the last ones you had and you really like alcohol" (nevermind that there were a total of 4 wine coolers that I had drunk over probably 6 months!) Of course, it was a packed aisle and several people turned to look at the clearly alcoholic mother dragging her then 3 year old to the store to purchase more booze!

We aren't quite sure if we're happy school is back in session or not.....I guess we'll have to see what day 3 brings us.

No comments: