Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reading, Writing and ........

Alex has started the fun journey of learning to read and write. He actually knows a lot of words already and has picked up amazingly fast on sounding out words both for spelling and reading. I was thinking, as I was helping him spell a few of the words in picture #2 how far he has come in such a short time. Picture #1 is a bit indecipherable. This was written about a year ago or so. At that time, Alex had given me aforementioned picture and said I should take it to work and hang it up. I said, "Of course I will, can you tell me what it says?" To which Alex (very seriously) replied, "How should I know, it's written in Chinese"......I think you can see why I had to save this in the "this will still be funny in 20 years" bin :)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That was too funny - I'm so glad you are sharing these events with all of us. Doug and I laughed so hard, I think we both had tears!