Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Maffematics

In honor of the start of another school year, I challenge all of you blog readers to a math problem....

If train 1 leaves the station at 8:05, traveling at 50 mph and train 2 leaves a different station 65 miles away at 8:10 traveling at 45 mph, and Alex leaves our house at 9:02 with a perfectly packed lunch, at what time will he lose his lunchbox?

Here's another one.....

If there have been a total of 2 days of school and on 1 of those days Alex took hot lunch, what is the likelihood (expressed in percentages) that he will lose his lunch box?

Give up?

The answer to #1 is undefined, because the lunchbox has been lost- sometime between 9:02 and 4:10.

The answer to #2 is 100%. If you ask Alex, he'll tell you, "Give me a break mom, it was my second day of school." Nevermind that he actually only took the lunch box with him ONE day.

And....let the fun begin :)

No comments: