Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

SARRRRAHHHHH


I have to admit, we seem to find ourselves hollering out the title of this post more than you can imagine. Sarah is a bit of a handful. She is like the energizer bunny on steroids. You just get her out of one thing and while you are cleaning up whatever mess she has created she sees an opening and gets into something else. She is tireless, even when the poor kid can barely breathe and is coughing like an 80 year old asthmatic. I know that kids are kids and they are all busy at this age. BUT- we have done this before, twice, and survived. I'm not so sure we'll make it through this one. This is different. She is destined to do something athletic, we are certain of it. The kid can climb, jump, run, somersault. The worst part of all this though, is she does not have any fear. She will fall right on her head, get up and do the same thing again, with more determination. Actually- this just happened yesterday during our visit to the pediatrician. I was trying to listen to the instructions on the home nebulizer machine when she managed to get up onto a chair and then dive off of it (trying to get to the examine table I think) and hit her head. I tried to console her, but all she wanted was to try it again, even with the tears running down her face.

So, today, Anna made the comment that Sarah's name actually works really well for her because we are always saying "ahhhhh" when she very nearly tips something over or manages to get the baby proof outlet covers off and is busily trying to stick Alex's star wars pieces into the outlet. So, thus, Sar- ahhhh. Hopefully she won't really think this is how her name is pronounced :)

No comments: