Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Possibly the most inappropriate thing ever said by a 6 year old......

Kids. Yep, kids. That kind of sums up all I can say about this post. When they are 6 and 7, they have an odd fascination with all things related to body parts and functions. I don't think this fascination ends for awhile, especially with boys. That said, we had a lovely day yesterday- it was Anna's 6th birthday. I will post that in another post with a more appropriate title. At the end of this lovely day we were outside and the neighbors that live behind us were on a walk. We have met them before, but not talked at any length. They stopped, we were chatting, the kids were playing (they have kids the same ages as Anna and Alex). Anna and Alex were running around, getting along poorly with each other, as is their usual. Anna kept trying to tattle on Alex for something and we just kept redirecting her back to the yard, telling her to get along. After all, we were in adult conversation, making new friends, who we seem to have a lot in common with. Finally, Anna could not stand it anymore and she ran over and as we tried to send her back to play, she screamed very loudly "BUT MOM, ALEX IS PUTTING HIS NUTS ON MY HEAD". Oh God, what did she just say? Ok, try to act cool- nope too late, everyone heard it, probably even the neighbors inside their houses. I will say that I have never in my life heard Anna say anything remotely like this. Nope, not ever. Perfect timing. Could it be coincidence that the neighbors had to leave shortly after this? I don't know, but if I heard someone else's kid say this, I'd certainly think twice about letting my kids play at their house! Having kids sure does change your social life! I think I'll let the dust settle and when the kitchen is done perhaps I'll bake them some cookies as a good will gesture.

No comments: