Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Monday, October 11, 2010

A "Minor" Week

It has been one of those weeks. The week started off with my graceful cooking adventure in which I managed to slice my thumb open with a soup can cover. This little event bought me 2 nice, neat stitches right over the knuckle on my thumb. It did, however, get me out of finishing dinner that night :) It didn't, however, feel very good :(

Wednesday I had the extreme fortune to be rear ended on my way to work :(  Not so good. But, looking on the bright side, the woman who hit me had insurance and spoke English (which if you have done any amount of driving near downtown St. Paul, this is not always the case). Really no damage to the car or me, so all was good.

Sunday Sarah had a collision with the big boys (my brothers) who were playing football in the yard. Unfortunately for Sarah, her little head was involved. Sarah and I spent the night in the ER with her projectile vomiting concussion. She seems better now, but really irritable- which is not typically her personality. The worst part of this is that we need to try to protect her from anymore head injuries in the near future. I think I may just need to keep a helmet on her. Attempting to keep Sarah from injury was already a full time job, this will surely put us into overtime on the whole preventing Sarah from killing herself watch....

All in all, some drama this week. We have certainly had worse weeks. I guess that this week we are thankful for "minor" injuries and "minor" drama instead of any "major" reportings :)

No comments: