Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Waiting Game

I had my 35 week checkup today and it was actually quite uneventful, which is a relief considering last week's episodes. My blood pressure continues to run about 140/90, but there is no protein in my urine (good sign) and the doctor did another non-stress today and the baby is doing well so I was let go for another week. I am again measuring right on schedule so I'm not sure what the "big baby" scare was about a few weeks ago, but I'm hoping for another 7 pounder :) Now is the hard part- 4 more weeks until the C-section. My doctor is actually on vacation for the next couple of weeks so he made me promise to be pregnant when he gets back. We'll see how that goes. In the meantime I need to see his nurse practitioner weekly for blood pressure checks and non-stress tests. There are lots of family type events in the next couple of weeks so I'd really like the baby to wait until at least the third week of July because I don't want to miss anything. Plus, a few more weeks of sleep are really something to relish! So, I will continue to wait patiently and get things ready in the meantime. I have not packed my bag yet- I keep thinking if I put that off, the baby won't come yet- we'll see if that works out. We have the girls' room completely finished though. I would post pictures, but Anna is sleeping right now so I'll have to do that later. It turned out very cute. I even managed to wash and put away all of the baby clothes so I'm feeling good about that. Anna is getting more and more excited about her new sister. Tonight she was rubbing my stomach and telling her sister all about her favorite foods, favorite shows, etc. Then she had to kiss my stomach before she went to bed- I may need to remind her of that show of affection in a few years when they are pulling out each other's hair :) Alex continues to say how he will NOT be helping and that he is very worried that all of the crying will give him a headache. Such a guy already. He is really enjoying being 6. Ever since his birthday, he has demanded to have his training wheels removed. Thank God Chris has the patience (and the balance) to help him with this. Although as I watched him push him down the street yesterday I kept thinking there may be a broken bone in the near future. He's not quite gotten the hang of it, but he won't give up, he just falls off and gets right back on. Oh well, part of being a kid I guess. Well, I'm going to go lay down and watch some mindless television and enjoy my last few weeks of being a couch potato.

No comments: