Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Friday, June 6, 2008

All in a Name


So, I thought the title of this post may interest some of you more curious blog followers. However, I'm sorry to say that I will still NOT be revealing the name of the newest addition. I do have a cute name story though that I thought some of you may appreciate. As I think most of you know, Anna has been affectionately referred to as "Nanner" by her big brother ever since she was born. Chris and I have even caught ourselves calling her this. This week, we were given again more evidence that our little boy is growing up. I think I noticed it on Tuesday at dinner that Alex actually called her "Anna". It took me by surprise because it's a rare occasion when we here him call her anything but "Nanner" (well, sometimes there are less affectionate names which earn him some time in the naughty corner). Ever since then, he seems to have given up the nickname for his sister and is onto the phase of just Anna. Again, bittersweet because I can still picture him, just barely speaking, (in jibberish as I'm sure many of you remember) saying "Nanner" for the first time. Yet another phase that has become a memory for us. I've included a reminiscent picture of the two of them. Alex went through a phase when he wore socks on his hands and he thought it was necessary for Anna to wear them as well. Of course, once they both had them on, he thought they made perfect boxing gloves.........

No comments: