Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Friday, October 3, 2008

Our week in a nutshell...err...is it a nuthouse?

Just a random update on how our week went.

The Good
My sister got married on Monday. It was a very quiet ceremony in Hudson. I'm thankful that I'm still on maternity leave and was able to be there. I'm very happy for them and hopefully sometime next year they will be able to have it blessed in the church and we can have a party for them.

Sarah is very consistently sleeping through the night now- every night from 8pm until 4:30 am. I think this timing will be perfect actually if she keeps it because I have to get up at 5am for work anyways so if I just get up with her at 4:30 I'll be able to spend an extra half an hour a day with her. She is super smiley lately and has the absolute cutest little dimples- they make her whole face just light up when she smiles.



We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary this week. By celebrated I mean, did the laundry, dishes, etc. It was quite uneventful. I am thankful for 8 happy years though and am really blessed with a great husband who is also an awesome dad to our kids.

The Bad or Sad
My maternity leave is coming to an end. Only one more week and I have to return to work. I am very sad about having to leave not only Sarah but also Anna. I have really enjoyed my time spent with Anna (and Alex although he's been at school so much lately that I sort of feel like I've already left him again). We really do have great kids, even though they have been known, on occasion, to drive me insane :)

The Ugly
Anna has the stomach flu. She has been running a high fever and throwing up for 2 days now. We are trying to keep her away from Sarah and hoping she doesn't catch it. I'm also hoping Chris and I don't catch it because based on the way Anna looks, we'd be useless.

Alex received a Bus Conduct letter in the mail this week. It said he had been spitting on the bus. So, Chris went to the bus stop in the afternoon to pick him up and talk to the bus driver. Thankfully it turns out it was a different Alex (there are 3 on his bus). I categorize this as ugly only because Chris yelled at Alex and we had taken certain privileges away from him (his video games, etc) before we found out it wasn't him. Since then everytime he feels he's been unjustly punished or if he just wants some sympathy, he brings up the fact that "Daddy yelled at me and it wasn't even my fault".....talk about guilt trips! It was a lesson learned for us that we shouldn't assume they have the right Alex. Man, kindergarten has taught us a lot- already!


I think that's about it for the highlights of our week. For my last week of maternity leave, I'm hoping for healthy kids and days that don't go too quickly.

No comments: