Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Parenting Lessons, Alex style

Just a quick post because I had to share the antics of Alex and his advice. Yesterday morning, we were all (including Sarah) laying in bed watching "Franklin". For those who haven't seen it, it's a cartoon that has a turtle as it's main character and he is friends with other animals like bears, geese, etc. Anyways, they all talk and live in "houses" like people. It's actually one of my favorite cartoons because it's not overly obnoxious and it's NOT Spongebob (Anna's favorite vice). So after a few minutes of the show, Alex says - "You know, you guys really shouldn't let babies watch this show." Me- "Why is that Alex?" Alex- "Because it is poisoning her mind. She is going to think that animals can really talk and ride bikes and play soccer- she is going to be so confused." I couldn't really argue with that logic, because it is pretty confusing when you think about it.....Sarah's first exposure to such animals is while they are wearing bike helmets and going to school. Leave it to a 6 year old to make you feel like you're doing a bang up job raising your kids!

No comments: