Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Winter Wonderland




We finally got the kids outside this weekend to enjoy winter. Sarah got to "play" in the snow for the first time. She is still our "outdoor" girl and was just really content to sit in a pile of snow. Although, she kept looking at me and then looking at her hands, almost like she was thinking..."Um....this is great, but it sure would be a lot more fun if I could use my hands!" We brought Sarah in for her 6 month checkup on Friday and she weighed in at 18 pounds already. She is growing and thriving. The pediatrician said she is more like a 7 or 8 month old with her level of activities that she can do. I attribute it to the Alex and Anna factor- she knows she needs to keep up. She used to be quite content to sit in my lap and watch and even just over the past few days she has started getting really fidgety when I hold her, like she wants to get down and play. We still haven't truly re-babyproofed the house so we better get on that fast. I'm sure soon she'll be getting into absolutely everything. We are just trying to enjoy our last few weeks of the "easy baby" stage as we both remember how much harder things get when they don't stay where you put them. Oh well, at least she has become a much happier baby and for that we are soooo grateful.

No comments: