Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

NASA.....here she comes :)

We always tease that Anna is going to grow up to do something brilliant. That kid learned to color at age 8 months- I have pictures to prove it! She also learned to talk in sentences quite early and knew her numbers, colors, and the alphabet in record time. However, sometimes the common sense is just seriously lacking. Case in point- Alex has been bringing home books from school daily. These are for his readers workshop and they get progressively harder each day. Today, Chris and I were helping him read his latest book he brought home. Anna was watching intently (as she always does) and whenever Alex was struggling with a word, she would tell him what it was. She then started reading the sentences. Now, I'm not sure if this is from memorization or actual reading, but either way, we were impressed. Then reality hit- not even 5 minutes later, I was showing Sarah some pictures in Anna's Highlights magazine. There was a story about dogs that herd sheep that had a bunch of pictures of, you guessed it, dogs and sheep. So, I said to Sarah, "Look at the puppy". Anna came bounding over, looked at the picture and said..."That dog looks just like a sheep". Yep, call em up, we've got their next rocket scientist tucked neatly in bed :)

No comments: