Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Poor Mr. Firsten

This is an appreciation for the poor janitor at Carver school, Mr Firsten. Alex loves to tell us the "worst" part of the school day. Unfortunately for the janitor, it usually involves him. Here is a list of some "exciting" things that have happened in the first grade classroom just this week:

Someone (still not sure if this was Alex or not since he won't tell me who did it) put the pencil in the sharpener eraser side first. This, of course, rendered the sharpener completely unusable and warranted a call to, you guessed it, Mr. Firsten.

Another distress call went out when the kids thought it would be funny to use all the bathroom stalls, lock them and then crawl under them. I'm guessing Mr. Firsten didn't fit quite as well when he had to crawl back under them all and unlock them. Plus, the thought of crawling on an elementary school bathroom floor is enough to make me want to use an entire bottle of hand sanitizer.

A stray Pokemon card somehow managed to get shoved down the toilet. Poor Mr. Firsten had to put on gloves and dig it out.

And the absolute worst happened yesterday. One of Alex's classmates threw up inside of their desk. Mr Firsten was summoned to dump out the contents of the desk and clean it all up. This, of course, was the talk of the dinner table last night.

Mr. Firsten, wherever you are- THANK YOU and I'm sorry :)

No comments: