Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Allergies

So...now a lighter look at life at the Tveits. I was reminded of a funny incident involving allergies this morning. Alex didn't go to school today because he has a cold. When we were talking about how he probably caught this (school I'm certain) he said, "Yeah, there's this kid in my class who brought raspberries to lunch and I sat by him and since I'm allergic to them, I'm sure that's how I got sick". We seem to have somehow misdefined (is that word?) allergies to the kids because this not the first time that allergies have led to a laugh at our house....most recently Alex decided that he was definitely allergic to Lemurs. Probably a pretty harmless allergy since your odds of a chance Lemur encounter (at least in MN) are pretty low. My all time favorite though was our allergy discussion at the dinner table. Both kids have had lettuce allergies in the past and so when Chris and I were having salad one night, they started talking about how they couldn't eat that or they would get sick. Then they asked if I was allergic to anything to which I said, yes mommy is allergic to raw apples and when I eat them I get sick. Then I went on to say how daddy is allergic to cats. Alex got this mortified look on his face and said (of course) "Do we actually eat cats?"Hmmm...chicken, ham, beef, pork chops....seems he couldn't recall "cat" ever being on the menu. Anyways, gave me a chuckle and I thought I'd share the laugh.

No comments: