Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sarah's Stuff

Just thought I'd share a few of Sarah's favorite things for those interested. I know there are a few blog followers who are expecting soon so it thought they'd appreciate this.

First up is a little gem called the Sleep Sheep. He was given to us by our friend, Mary. He is always near Sarah when she is sleeping and has kept us sane on many occasions. He's soft and cuddly and plays ocean noise, white noise, etc. For anyone interested, the website is: www.sleepsheepandfriends.com I think this will be my new official favorite baby gift to give :)


You can see Sleep Sheep in the upper right hand corner of the crib.

Next item we have much appreciated is the Bumbo chair. It's supposed to be used for ages 3 months and up but since Sarah has had such good head control she's been able to use it already. It also has an attachable tray which will make it a great portable high chair type device for our meals on the go. You can get these at Target, or www.bumboshop.com


Doesn't she look all grown up?


Another great invention is the Graco Sweetpeace Infant Soothing Center. This thing is the cadillac of swings, it sways back and forth, side to side, front to back and it vibrates, plays lots of music (you can even hook up your mp3 player to it!). The seat actually comes out of this in case baby falls asleep in their car seat and you can put the car seat seat in it instead. What an invention. Problem is it comes with a cadillac cost as well. We were lucky enough to find this one on craigslist for about half of retail, and man was it worth it. Here's a picture of Sarah enjoying the good life :) Target also carries these. If you look on Graco's website you can watch a cool demo on how this little puppy works!



And now....our final favorite product as it has ended the "Hell no I'm not taking a bottle stage"....after many attempts and several different bottles, we have finally settled on the Playtex Ventaire bottles.....here's proof that she will take a bottle!



Ok...that's all for now...there are many other favorite products but I've run out of time!

2 comments:

DeeAnn said...

Ok, I thought I would just play music for the white noise effect, but the sheep is too cute!

Also, Playtex bottles are on my list. Between those, Avent, and the plain Evenflo.

Cheryl said...

Yes, we tried the good old Avent ones again which Alex and Anna took fine. Sarah is a bit more picky as we've found. She took evenflo ones at first but when the bulk of her feedings came in bottle form, she just decided she didn't like them anymore. I have not bought a large quantity of any yet though because you never know when she'll change her mind again....a true female I guess :)