Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

School bullying....with a twist

Ok, ok, before you worry that poor little Alex has been victimized by your typical school bully, let me put your minds at ease- he's fine. He got off the bus today with this very interesting fashion statement.......
Note the ripped pants (not how we sent him to school I assure you!).
Now, I should also mention that for the last several school days he has been complaining of a little girl named Alice who has been following him around at recess asking him to play tag with her. Apparently today, she got a little carried away and grabbed onto his pants. Alex then did what any little boy would do- attempted to run. Problem being she didn't let go and thus the ripped pants. Chris and I thought this was pretty funny actually and would have been enough to keep a smile on our faces despite the screaming 2 month old who has taken over our lives :). Alex, though, after explaining the ripped pants debacle went onto say, "That's not the worst thing mom....the grossest thing happened at quiet time today- a girl kissed me right on the lips!". Of course we thought it was the girl who had previously tried to rip off his pants- not so, apparently this was a different admirer. So, Alex has come up with his own theory of why these girls must like him- his blue eyes. We've always teased him that he has such pretty eyes that someday it'll help him get the girls....never thought it would come up so soon! Alex has now decided that he wants those color changing contacts that they sell so the girls will leave him alone- too funny! (some of you may know that Alex is a bit of a night owl and we will sometimes find him in the living room in the middle of the night watching infomercials- the kid is like a walking commercial so I'm not surprised he knew all about such things). It's days like these that I am certain God absolutely has a sense of humor :)

In other news....we successfully left Sarah with my sisters for 4 whole hours! Bowling league started up again and we've been a bit worried since we bowl during peak "crabby" time. However, she was a little angel for Becky and Claire- might have to have them come over every evening :) It was nice to get away for a little while and make fun of each other's terrible bowling. Although....Doug got a new ball and was on fire by the second game- I think he got a 260 (or something like that?)....such a show off!

"What...you're leaving me....oh no"

"Oh good..Becky and Claire will walk around with me all night long"

1 comment:

Rita said...

I haven't been on to read your blog in a month ....Whew ! you guys have been bery busy. It is hard to believe that the kids are old enough to be in school. The pictures are great and the baby is growing alot ! Hope you are all feeling better. Love, Rita