Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

5 More Days!!!

Sometimes things just work out.....I went in today to have the Biophysical Profile done of the baby and I also had an appointment scheduled with the nurse (my OB is back, but his schedule was booked). When I got there, they let me know that the nurse had called in sick so I'd have to see the doctor- funny how things just work out. Anyways, the baby looked great on the Biophysical Profile test- still a girl and just a little over 7 pounds, everything looked perfect. So, I finally got to see my OB again, he lightly scolded me for "scaring" the other OB while he was gone. Anyways, after reviewing everything he decided to move up the C-section date to this Monday, 7/21 (sorry uncle Bob- no birthday baby for you this time :( ). He then drew labs and said if those were concerning he'd just do it this week. My labs were pretty much the same as they have been though- my platelets have dropped to about 79,000 (normal is above 150,000) so it looks likely that I will need to have general anesthesia which I'm a bit bummed about, but have mentally prepared myself for the entire time. It'll just mean a longer recovery for me and Chris probably won't be able to be in there for the delivery. But, in the end we are just hoping for a healthy mom and a healthy baby as my OB always points out. I know he's right and I trust his judgment so I'm feeling a bit better about the new "birthday". In case I haven't let everybody know, we'll be at Woodwinds this time and I'm sure I'll be there most of next week for those in town who want to stop by. With having to have a general, I don't know how up for visitors I'll be on Monday, but I will be certain to have Chris make the phone calls. I've tried to convince him that he should update the blog with pictures for me but I can't promise anything. I did find out that Woodwinds has wireless internet though so maybe by Tuesday I'll be up to posting myself. Only 5 more days until the top secret name will be revealed...stay tuned :)

1 comment:

DeeAnn said...

Good luck tomorrow! We will all miss you at work!
DeeAnn