Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Growing, Growing.....and Shrinking






So....Sarah had her first doctor's appointment today. When she left the hospital last week she weighed 6 lbs, 13oz. Today she was back up to 7 pounds, 6 oz. She is growing and doing really well. She has a really great personality too- from what we can tell so far. She gets upset when she needs something but otherwise is a very content, alert little baby. Last night she slept 5 hours in a row, got up, ate and slept 3 and a half more hours. I know this won't happen every night but I will take it when I get it!

The picture with Alex and his lizard is the other "growing" part of this post. He bought this little plastic lizard that was probably 8 inches long or so. When you put it in water (for 3-7 days) it grows up to 36 inches long. Some of you have already met Alex's lizard but I thought I'd post a picture of him with it since he was so excited it actually worked!

Onto the shrinking. I am proud (ok shocked is a better word) to report that I am wearing regular pants (with a zipper!) today. I thought I'd try some pre-pregnancy pants just to see how far off I was still and by some miracle I was able to not only pull them up and put them on but they are not even uncomfortable. As Chris says, this must be the benefit of being too sick to gain as much weight this time. I still think I would have rather gained more weight and felt better but wearing something without elastic is definitely a nice treat! Dont' get me wrong, I still have not lost all of my "baby weight" but enough must have left my stomach area to allow for this unexpected surprise. Ok...enough about me....hope you enjoy the new pictures of Sarah. We are comfortably settling into a routine at home and will likely be just hanging out for awhile so if anyone wants to stop by, just give us a call. We have a few more doctor's appointments this week (me- not Sarah this time) but otherwise will be around. Thanks for all the calls, emails, cards, presents, visits, etc. I will continue to post new pictures- I've certainly taken a lot of them!

1 comment:

marie said...

Cheryl - you're too funny - haven't lost all the baby weight --- it's been a week! Alex looks so proud. Glad to hear all is well.