Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Resting and Recovering



Chris was nice enough to bring the laptop today so with the handy dandy wireless connection, I can finally post an update. Things are going very well- much easier than I thought or than with Anna's C-section. I was able to get all of my "tubes" out very early yesterday morning and have been up and about quite a bit, just taking some oral pain meds occasionally. Sarah seems to have her days and nights mixed up a bit so we are just doing a lot of napping. She is happiest when held so my arms have been pretty full these last couple days. Everything at the hospital has been very nice, overall a good experience. My platelets are still low- 69,000 today so I now officially have a hematologist. He thinks that everything will go back to normal but in the meantime it just means more lab tests for me and a few extra doctor visits. Sarah also gets an extra poke just to check her blood- poor thing. She's pretty dramatic with diaper changes, temperature, etc so I'm sure she'll really enjoy the lab! Chris made me homemade chicken noodle soup last night so I'm looking forward to that for lunch. The baby is letting me know that this blogging is taking up wayyy too much of her time so I better go. Enjoy the new pictures!

No comments: