Words from the Editor

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's sort of a running history of the trials and tribulations of raising a busy family. I work full time as a nurse and my husband is at home keeping the rest of our lives in some sort of order. Life is busy, fun and challenging every single day. I hope you enjoy our story!

Friday, July 11, 2008

State of Confusion

Well, I have just returned from the OB. I think 3 visits in one week is plenty! Anyways, he seemed confused and really unsure what to do (very comforting!). If I were 38 weeks or if my blood pressure was high today (it was 128/88) the decision would have been easier. As he said though, he's not ready to "pull the plug" yet. In the meantime, I now have white and red blood cells (in addition to the protein) in my urine so I likely have either a bladder infection or a kidney infection so I get to take another round of antibiotics- the fun just never seems to end! I need to go in on Tuesday to have a biophysical profile of the baby (essentially an ultrasound to determine weight, lung maturity, etc). I then get to see my regular OB (yeah!) on Friday and if the biophysical profile looks good, it sounds like the C-section date will be moved up by 1 week. Of course, this is all just a guess from this other OB at this point, I don't know what my actual OB will decide to do. The good news from today's appointment is that he didn't see any reason why I needed to be on bedrest. He said that I should just take it easy if I feel lightheaded or dizzy but that being on bedrest is likely unecessary at this point. So, my plan is to return to work (again) on Monday. Perhaps the stress of that will just put me into labor on my own and end all of this guesswork and confusion! I'm just happy I won't have to miss the family reunion. Here's hoping for an uneventful weekend :)

No comments: